Hello! I'm Sasitha, a software engineer currently based in Colombo, Sri Lanka who enjoys building things that live on the internet. I develop web platforms, SPAs and APIs on multiple technology stacks.
Here are a few technologies I've been working with recently:
- HTML & (S)CSS
Where I've Worked
Software Engineer @ Sysco LABS
Mar 2017 - Present
- Developed report segments in Enterprise Reports project (SPA) and worked on the entire technology stack consists of React/Redux based FE, NodeJS BFF and Java WebFux API
- Designed and developed DocGen API based on NodeJS as a solution for generating exportable reports in PDF and Excel formats which currently used by multiple applications
- Held the ownership of CAKE Shop and DocGen API and provided production support when necessary
- Improved SalesForce connector API which written in Golang with new functionalities to suit the requirements of the consumers which acted as a proxy API for SalesForce
- Dockerized existing applications and configured them to run on AWS ECS environment including best deployment practices such as remote configuration management and log forwarding
- Initiated build pipelines and code quality analysing jobs for the team owned components with Jenkins
- Introduced PM2 process manager for NodeJS applications as an alternative solution for upstart jobs
- Mentored and supervised intern software engineers and new team members to achieve the project goals swiftly
- Worked on multiple agile teams across the organization with diverse technology stacks and projects
Some Things I've Built
Enterprise Reports is a cloud application to provide comprehensive reports for restaurants who are using CAKE POS (point of sale) devices.
Users can view data of Sales, Transactions, Payroll, Taxes and more on selected dates and use advanced filtering options to analyze or narrow down data.
- Java WebFlux
- AWS ECS
CAKE shop is the E-commerce site where potential customers can purchase CAKE POS (point of sales) devices, CAKE software subscriptions and other hardware accessories. Project consists of 3 components which are SCAT (sales contract assist tool), Cake Shop FE & Cake Shop BFF.
- AWS ECS
WireMe is an IoT development platform based on Scratch with plug and play customizable hardware modules.
This platform facilitates users to Deploy their IoT systems without writing a single line of code with the block-based visual programming language inherited from Scatch.
Users can plug their desired hardware modules to WireMe hub and use the WireMe desktop app to program the sensors and actuators plugged in.
- Raspberry Pi
Other Noteworthy ProjectsView the archive
Get In Touch
I am currently looking for opportunities in Australia and I recently obtained a work visa. My inbox is always open whether for a potential opportunity or just to say hi, I'll try my best to answer your email!